Phuket is a cultural combination of Thai, Thai-Chinese, ethnic Malays as well as sea gypsies. Meanwhile Buddhism is the dominant religion followed by the people in Phuket and Thai is the official language spoken. The island has roughly two parts- i.e. the Phuket province and Phuket Town. It is considered to be one of the most interesting cultures of the world.
The Thai culture is very friendly and tolerant, therefore tourists all around the world will find themselves welcomed to Phuket as it were their home. There are signs of Buddhism everywhere, in the daily lives of Thai people, to wats [ temples] which represent the religion. Robe clad monks can be found on the streets and statues of Buddha can be seen ubiquitously.The festivals that are celebrated in Thailand include the famous “vegetarian festival”, Phuket king’s Cup Regatta, Chinese New Year, Songkran, Loy Kratong. Additionally, New Years and Christmas are celebrated nation-over with the same enthusiasm as well.
Being known for its deliciousness, Thai food needs no introduction. Even in western countries, you are able to spot at least one Thai food restaurant near the corner. However, authentic Thai food, is an experience in itself. The contrasting flavors of sweet- sour, hot and salty flavors is what make Thai food an exception. Here are the top dishes that you must try while in Phuket.
- Tom Yam Goong This mouthwatering dish is made using plentiful herbs, shallots, lemongrass, lime leaves, galangal, with fish sauce and chilies for a kick and shrimps and mushrooms for substance.
- Pad Thai Thai’s world famous dish, Pad Thai doesn’t need introduction. There might be slight variations, but basically this scrumptious dish consists of noodles dressed up in tofu, onion, bean sprouts and a final touch of peanut powder.
- Gai Med Ma Moung This mouth-watering dish contains chicken with roasted cashew nuts, sweet soy sauce, garlic and chili. It is practically one of the most enjoyed dishes in Phuket.
- Khao Niaow Ma Muang This is one of the most favored sweet dish in Thailand. This dish is made of sticky rice with mango and drizzled with coconut sauce
Souvenir shopping is an important part of any holiday travel. The key to finding what to buy to remember the place the best, lies in what you would want to remember Phuket by. Here are a few things you may buy in Phuket to remember the nodding palms, beaches, and vibrant nightlife.
- Thai silk and other fabrics Thailand’s silk is one of its biggest export. As Thai silk have a reputation for being of fine quality. You can purchasesilk scarves, ties, saris, shorts, shirts, even cushion covers and more. They have special market stalls andtailor shopsdedicated to get a suit or dress made up. You must take note, however of imitations made of polyester, which can be characterized by unfeasibly low price.
- Wooden figurines You can have precious little wood figurines of elephants and frogs made in varying range of sizes and material – such as metal, stone or lacquered wood etc.
- Spa products As with silk, Thai massages are renowned world over. You can have genuine high quality spa products to use it at home. You can buy anything from oils to bath foams here.
- Soap flowers Another notable thing from Thailand is their beautiful flowers. You may notice orchids around you in form of bouquets and garlands when you arrive, but they won’t last long. You can buy realistic looked hand crafted soap flowers to take home as areminder of Thailand’s’ glorious horticulture.
- Phuket Big Buddha The Big Buddha is one the biggest revered landmark on the island. The sculpture is situated atop of Nakkerd hills flanked byChalong and Kata is 45 meters tall.
- Phang Nga Lake The distinctive feature of the bay is the sheer limestone cliffs that just emerge vertically out of the emerald waters.James Bond Island and Koh Panyee are just two of the more famous spots in this bay.
- Bangla Road Nightlife This is an all-out nigh life club to visit after dark down the Patong’s Bangla road. This is the biggest collection of bars, nightclubs and all around nocturnal fun in Phuket.
- Wat Chalong and Phuket Temples Wat Chalongs and other Phuket temples are visited by thousands every year. It is beautifully decorated with glittering glass pieces on its many pagodas. On special occasions you can buy almost any Thai snack food in fairs that are hosted near the temple.
- Phi Phi Islands Phi Phi Islands’ beauty rests in its pristine white sand beaches, clear blue water and sky. Sheer cliffs overhead which giveaway to beach fronted jungle, all part of the islands’ charm.
Phuket International Airport – Hotel (Phuket)
On arriving you will be greeted by our representative (local) who will escort you to the city hotel.
Half Day Free Time in Phuket (No services included)
No inclusion of services, guest may spend their time on leisure activities.
Day 2:Half Day Will Be Dedicated To Phuket City Tour
This tour will include visitations to –
- Phuket Old Town
- Chalong Temple
- Rang Hill View Point
- Pearl Factory
- Souvenir Shop
Transfers from the following area –
Karon, Patong, Kata (If you have your accommodation (hotel) elsewhere, a private supplement will be charged)Half Day Coral Island Tour
Coral Island (KoeHae) is located 10 km south of the planet. The island is enclosed by multi-colored coral reefs, therefore its’ named “Coral Island”. The island has two extensive long stretches of pristine white sandy beaches with crystal clear water flowing abundant with tropical fishes and sea-creatures, waiting to be fed. It has quiet few bays on its’ other side. A short trek over the small hill and rock island will lead to you to a small quiet cove with a scenic beach view, an excellent hideaway spot during the day.
Sea activities include banana boat rides, scuba diving, parasailing and sea-walking etc., which are all available on the island.Inclusions-
- Transport from areas- Kata, Patong and Karon ( If your hotel is booked in any other location, a private supplement will be charged)
- Life jacket
Day 3:Full Day Phi Phi Island Tour by Speed Boat
Phi Phi Islands, situated just 45 minutes away by speed boat from Phuket offer a great relaxing tropical life style. You can soak up the sun, go beach hopping or just simply lay back and enjoy the great outdoors in what is one of the most beautiful scenery in Asia. Spectacular beaches with beautiful white sand, encircled by striking limestone cliffs and sunlit clear crystal water, Phi Phiin fact, comprises of two islands- they are Phi Phi Ley and Phi Phi DonInclusions
- Transport from Patong, Karon and Kata (if your accommodation (hotel) are elsewhere then a separate charge will be applicable).
- Round trip speed boat transport
- Buffet Lunch
National park fees will be payable on the spot
Day 4:Phuket International Airport –Hotel
Hotel check out and then you will be transported to the airport for journey to further destination.
Coral Island Tour [accompanied with lunch]by speed boat – WW market SIC (Pattaya)Inclusions:
- Entry Tickets
- Seafood Lunch
- SIC transfers from centrally situated hotels
Day 5:Pattaya- Bangkok
Half-Day Chao Phraya Princess Cruise with Dinner (Bangkok)
Witness the beauty of Bangkok by night on this cruise, i.e. Chao Phraya Princess, that will take you along the Chao Phraya River. View two of the most beautiful attractions in Bangkok at night – the Grand palace (Official residence of the Kind of Thailand) and Wat Arun (Temple of Dawn). Sit back and relax while feasting on Thai and Indian delicacies and enjoy the management of magnificent skyline of Bangkok.Inclusions
- Transfers from Cetrally located hotels
- Entrance tickets
Day 6:Full Day- Safari World Marine Park, accompanied with Lunch (Bangkok)
No one can resist the thrilling experience of indulging in a day full of activities at safari World and Marine Park. Witness the exciting world of wild creatures like the Bengal Tiger and African Loin on an 8 km long ride, then pass through some of the most fun-loving animals, that is Dolphins, Orangutans and colorful bird species. You can also enjoy watching the lively Dolphin performance.Highlights
- This park is distinguished for its characteristic blending of wild and herbivorous animals with exotic fresh water and oceanic life.
- See walrus, kangaroo, crocodile, orangutan, tapir, giant fishes, as well as all kinds of tropical birds and much more.
- The diverse species of animals that live together here in this natural like habitat will amaze you
- Get mesmerized by the exciting somersault performances displayed by the Dolphins
- Orangutan boxing show –This show will leave you tickled as man’s closets ancestors will showcase their great sense of humor and leave you speechless with their mathematical gifts
- Transfers from Cetrally located hotels
- Entrance Tickets
Day 7:Hotel - Suvarnabhumi Airport (Bangkok)
Check out from Hotel and get transported to airport for your further destination.Inclusions
- 3 Nights’ accommodation in Phuket at the Orchard
- 1 Night lodging in Pattaya at the The Green Park Resort
- 2 Night's stay in Bangkok at the Hide Bangkok Hostel
- All Tours and tourisms are functioned on shared basis or will rest onyour means of transport [ automobile] selection during customization
- Return airport transfers are made on SIC basis or will be subject to as per your vehicle selection during customization. Inclusive of all current applicable taxes
- Visas & Airfare
- Entrance Fee (unless specified)
- If Resort charge / Tourist taxes or city fees are valid, then the same must be paid directly at hotel or Apartment.
- 50% add-on for arrival/departure transfer between 10 pm – 7 am
- Early Check-in/Late Check-out charge
- Peak/festival period supplement
- Driver & Guide Tipping and room service
- Luggage truck & Porter
- Beverages NOT included in the quotation
Hotel Accommodations for this tour
|City||Selected Hotels||Room Details||Meal Plan||Amenities||Vehicle for this tour:|
|Phuket||The Orchid (3 Star)||Room 1: Double Standard||Room Only||Type: Vehicle for this tour|
|Pattaya||The Green Park Resort (3 Star)||Room 1: Standard Room||Room Only|
|Bangkok||Hide Bangkok Hostel (3 Star)||Bunk Bed In Mixed Dormitory Room||Continental Breakfast||